We are a Belgian engineering consulting firm that assists SMEs and large industrial organizations in bringing their innovation and R&D initiatives to life.
As a Development Engineer E-drive, you are responsible for the development of the e-motor in our client's high performance electrical drive units. Together with your fellow engineers, you coordinate the integration of the e-motor and its mechanical, electrical and hydraulic cooling interfaces in the transmission. You collaborate with suppliers, designers, calculation team and test lab in order to work out technical efficient solutions based on calculations, simulations and tests.
As a Development Engineer, you can balance the technical solutions with various aspects such as risk, feasibility, timing and cost. You will discuss and drive resolution with management, customer or supplier to obtain most optimal solutions. When production is started, you keep in contact with the production engineering team to ensure continuous improvement of our products.
• Requirement definitions and risk analysis
• Definition, follow-up, reporting of E-motor simulation results
• Test definition and follow-up, test data analysis and reporting
• Feasibility alignment with quality, assembly and manufacturing
• Supplier and customer discussions
• Issue resolution and optimizations for cost, robustness, etc
• You have a Master's degree in Electro-mechanical, Electrical or Automotive engineering with affinity for electrical machines.
• Prior experience in e-motors or motorCAD is a plus.
• Highly developed analytic and problem-solving skills and a critical mindset.
• You are fluent in English; knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
• Dynamic personality, coordinator, team player but able to progress independently.
• Professional and clear communicator.