What if you embarked on new technologies?
A subsidiary of the ICE industrial group, Mediane Systeme is an
innovative engineering company specializing in electronics, embedded
systems and industrial IT. Médiane Système has built its identity on a
high level of technical expertise by offering its customers support
services through its R&D (DRD) and ConSulting (DCS) departments.
Present in Belgium, Italy and France, we are a partner of major
industrial accounts and many SMEs. From the automotive to the medical
sector, including energy, railways, aeronautics and telecoms. Our
company intervenes exclusively in system engineering (embedded software,
application software for industry, digital and analog electronics, test
benches) in advanced technological environments.
Created by engineers for engineers, Mediane Systeme is a technical
company on a human scale, close to its employees, which for 30 years has
favored the development of skills and the fulfillment of its employees.
Together with a team of world-class experts, you analyze, prototype and design critical systems used to ensure the safe movement of trains across the world. As such:
• You report to the System Director.
• You design the architecture of our products, allocating business requirements to modules and interfaces and demonstrating required performances are met.
• You develop applications in a company-specific modeling language. You ensure that all input requirements are correctly implemented and traced inside your model.
• You actively participate to / you lead design and prototyping sessions and propose the best designs and architectures to the System Director who reports to the CTO, who takes the final responsibility of the choices made.
• You propose new technology to be used and deployed at the Signalling Company to support the system engineering and application modeling activities. As such, you carry out the necessary benchmarks and cost / benefit analysis.
• You are the counterpart of the systems safety team, ensuring all assets required by certification activities are delivered in a timely manner, with the proper content.
• You interact with the front-line teams to keep a close understanding of our customers' needs and answer questions that are raised during presales activities.
You are based in Brussels, Belgium. Remote work is possible.
• You have a Master degree in Systems Engineering/ Electronics engineering / Mechanical engineering.
• You have 4+ years experience in systems design and specification in the railway industry, and more specifically in the development of an ETCS onboard
• You can demonstrate a good knowledge of CENELEC EN 50126, EN 50128 and EN 50129.
• Familiarity with model-based systems engineering is a must.
• You are "hands on".
• You are a team player. You admit that you can be wrong when a team member has a better idea.
• Fluency in English
• NICE TO HAVE
• Familiarity with agile development techniques, such as but not limited to TDD, CI/CD, SCM using Git, etc, is a plus.
• Experience in the development of real-time distributed systems, preferably in railway, is a plus.
• Fluency in French is a plus. Knowledge of any other European language is a plus